Director of Engineering – RoR, Elixir Interest!
Growing Disruptor and a Leader in their industry is looking for a Hands-On Director of Engineering to join an elite team of technologists. We are reinventing an industry and working with the latest tech.
• 8+ years experience writing production code
• Excellent Communicator – Work directly with Product Development ,Engineering, and Management
• Technically strong in and enthusiastic about backend systems and solid software architecture.
• Experience in a TDD environment and a preference for strong testing.
• Experience with Rspec/Minitest/Cucumber.
• Focused on the User: You see things from a user's point of view, and figure out the best system flow to implement requirements.
• Has deep experience in Ruby on Rails.
• Interested in and has some experience with Elixir/Phoenix.
• Willingness to grow your experience and involvement in Elixir/OTP based services.
• Solid experience with automated build tools for continuous delivery (like Jenkins, TeamCity etc).
• HTML/CSS knowledge
• Understands how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
• Has Basic Linux/Unix CLI knowledge.
• Working source code control (git) knowledge
• Ability to debug and look into performance and memory leak issues.
We are a successful and growing company leading the way in a fast-moving industry. You will work directly with Product Owners and top industry talent and publicly recognized leaders.
You will have what you need to be successful!
• Commitment to Learning: Perpetual learning opportunities lunch time sessions, team events, our extensive library of materials including Pluralsight and Code School services.
• Conferences: We regularly attend area conferences and user groups as a team.
• Quarterly company-wide hackathons.
We work with the best tech and value your skills, ideas and career. We offer excellent salary, bonus, 401K + match, Equity as well as outstanding healthcare benefits and PTO. We have quarterly hackathons and lunch and learn opportunities. Lots of room to grow.
Location – Outside NYC
All calls welcome – 203-241-2655 – Joyce Schiffer
Email: [email protected]
Call: Joyce 203-241-2655