We organize several tech meetup groups in Berkeley, California with over 4,000 members in total. We also organize events around the San Francisco Bay Area. Here are some of the meetup groups:
- Code Self Study -- a friendly community of people who like programming.
- East Bay Functional Programming -- for functional programming.
- SF Bay Crowdfunders -- for anyone working on a crowdfunding campaign.
- Autism Success in Tech -- helping people on the autism spectrum achieve success in the tech industry.
Our goal is to create a self-directed educational center for programmers in downtown Berkeley that helps its members incubate projects that make the world a better place.
How we are different
There are dozens of local meetup groups that teach people how to code. Here are some ways that we are different from most other groups:
- We are building a local community of friendly, creative, highly-motivated programmers in the Berkeley area.
- We're open to all programming languages, all levels of ability, and all types of programming (scientific computing, hardware, systems programming, Web development, game programming, computer graphics, and more). If you like things like data science, lisps, logic, puzzles, and esolangs, you will probably find like-minded people here.
- We're working towards the establishment of a local programming space and educational center in Berkeley.
- If you are looking for a job, we would like to help you find a job -- and if you're just programming because you love programming, or you are interested in entrepreneurship instead of getting a job, this community is ideal for those things as well.